Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Adams


Fly fishing can be, and really is...visual. Sometimes I can sit and day dream about the stream's flow, riffles, favorite pools and brightly colored trout. Being stuck in an office pushing paperwork from one area of your desk to another, quickly acts as a catalyst for prolonged day dreams.


Today, in between stressful phone calls and acid reflux inducing emails, I continued to visualize the most iconic image of fly fishing; the Adams dry fly. Simply eloquent in design, the Adams dry fly is my favorite fly to fish and tie.


I could go on about why I, and many others, fish the Adams dry fly and its history. I won't. There are many more competent authors who have written far better treatises on the subject. As such, I recommend you read Paul Schullery's article on the Adams; http://www.midcurrent.com/articles/flies/schullery_adams.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment